Jump to content

Bob Davis

Member Since 18 Apr 2012
Offline Last Active Nov 25 2012 05:05 AM

Topics I've Started

Looking for U Channel

03 July 2012 - 03:43 AM


I'm new to welding and metalwork. I have a little Miller mig welder and recently purchased a Lincoln Precision TIG 225. Anyway, I hope this isn't the stupidest question ever asked here, but recently a bar up the street from my gallery put up some little sign frames on the outside of their building. I think the sign frames were provided by Budweiser and possibly custom built for this bar (or maybe not).

Attached File  _S3U7166.jpg   799.65KB   82 downloads

Attached File  _S3U7161.jpg   387.97KB   81 downloads

I'm looking at the top and bottom of this frame and don't know if it's made from C Channel or U channel or straight channel or what it's called.

I took some measurements though: wall thickness .072" Outside diameter .44" and inside .275"

Is anyone familiar with this product? Or maybe it was formed from sheet metal on a brake?

Actually, I'm just looking for some steel channel which will accept 3/16" foamcore.