#1 Metaling In Art

Metaling In Art

Metal Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • LocationRed Oak, IA

Posted 16 June 2017 - 07:52 AM

Latest penny farthing.  Will be taking to Snake Alley Art Fair on June 18, and if it doesn't sell there, I will be in Des Moines the following weekend at Artfest Midwest.

I have pretty much been using FB, IG and twitter, but I thought I would try another post here.  Even though it seems like there really isn't anyone using this site anymore.

Attached Thumbnails

• FB sized.jpg

"Metaling In Art" is how I am starting out and this is the link on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Metaling-In-Art/334578999947190

#2 Tony Mertens

Tony Mertens

Metal Master

• Subscriber!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,428 posts
  • LocationNew Holstein, WI

Posted 16 June 2017 - 04:23 PM

Nice job.  I keep checking to but you're right, not much traffic here anymore.  I too pretty much just post pieces on FB.  The problem with that is there isn't the sharing of ideas and techniques that used to be on here. 

#3 Metaling In Art

Metaling In Art

Metal Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • LocationRed Oak, IA

Posted 19 June 2017 - 04:40 AM

Nice job.  I keep checking to but you're right, not much traffic here anymore.  I too pretty much just post pieces on FB.  The problem with that is there isn't the sharing of ideas and techniques that used to be on here. 

I know it really is too bad.  I like it when people were posting in process pictures, so I could see how to attempt different things in the future.

I really would like to know more about how people are promoting their works, are web sites even worth doing anymore, or is at all of Facebook, Instagram and Twitter?

I am doing larger pieces and that makes it harder to sell to people in our small communities of SWI, and it is very difficult to get into Artist Collectives/Art Galleries in larger towns, because we are an hour or more away from them, so it makes it difficult.  And doing it as a part time or hobby, makes it harder to be accepted into some art shows, and galleries.  It is hard to get into an artist collective, because they want  you to work daytime hours when you are working your full time job.

#4 Metaling In Art

Metaling In Art

Metal Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • LocationRed Oak, IA

Posted 19 June 2017 - 04:40 AM

I know it really is too bad.  I like it when people were posting in process pictures, so I could see how to attempt different things in the future.

I really would like to know more about how people are promoting their works, are web sites even worth doing anymore, or is at all of Facebook, Instagram and Twitter?

I am doing larger pieces and that makes it harder to sell to people in our small communities of SWI, and it is very difficult to get into Artist Collectives/Art Galleries in larger towns, because we are an hour or more away from them, so it makes it difficult.  And doing it as a part time or hobby, makes it harder to be accepted into some art shows, and galleries.  It is hard to get into an artist collective, because they want  you to work daytime hours when you are working your full time job.

#5 Tony Mertens

Tony Mertens

Metal Master

• Subscriber!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,428 posts
  • LocationNew Holstein, WI

Posted 19 June 2017 - 06:47 PM

I know what you mean with the part time thing.  As for FB I don't sell on there just have it as a reference to show potential clients.  I do sometimes show process pictures on there to try to get people involved and to show the amount of time that goes into this type of work.  I do have some pieces at local galleries and the owners do tell me I should really have a real web page besides FB.  Then again there is the time thing with a real full time day job.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users