4 replies to this topic

#1 AKAMetal

AKAMetal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:48 AM

Hi everyone,
I've been professionally working in the foundry industry for over 17 years now with quite a few personal projects under my belt as well. I've been working with metal since 1990 when I was certified a welder by the USN at 19 yrs old. I'm not using this as a brag sheet but I do have a lot of experience and would be happy to give and receive advice on quite a few facets of metal working. I'm excited to be a part of this forum and look forward to meeting some new folks and discussing our passions for metal. And while I do know metal, I don't know computers so I will most certainly be requesting assistance with uploads, downloads, resizing, attachments etc...
We will extend a hand if you will unclench your fist.

#2 ornametalsmith

ornametalsmith

Ornamental metalsmith

• Metal Artist Forum Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,029 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:34 AM

Welcome to MAF.........always nice to see another caster on board. [Welcome] [Welcome] [MAF] [Beer]
Don't be shy....post up some pix of your work.
Bill
http://www.CustomDesignMetalArts.com/
http://www.FloridianForge.com/

Class/Workshop info:
http://www.customdes...com/studio.html
Specializing in: Teaching and Making
hand forged and cast works of Metal Art.
Crafted with the utmost attention to detail.
For discriminating tastes and opulent surroundings

Posted Image

#3 PTsideshow

PTsideshow

Since I can no longer post here, I am longer doing any moderatio

• Moderators
  • 8,479 posts
  • LocationMount Clemens,Mi

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:10 AM

[Welcome]To the forum, as Bill said jump in anytime with what ya got! [Welcome] There are no silly or dumb questions on this forum, as everybody skill set and levels are different. Check out some of the other forums for the photo posting and resizing of photo's we have found 800 pixels x 800 pixels is about the best size for most members computers large enough for the items detail, and still get a great overview of the whole item.
Posted Image

glen

Posted Image

"I am not ashamed to admit, that I am ignorant of the things I do not know"!

Cicero

I am not a lawyer, and never played one on TV!

All the usual and standard disclaimers apply. Do not try this at home, use only as directed, No warranties express or implied, for the intended use or suggested uses, Wear safety glasses, closed course, professionals only

#4 Closing Rivets Up

Closing Rivets Up

Prototype/fabricator

• Metal Artist Forum Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:07 AM

There is a world of knowledge on this forum to draw from. And as PT said there are no dumb questions here. And welcome to the forum.

Jim

www.flickr.com/photos/closing_rivets_up

The large print givieth, the small print taketh away.

Tom Waits

#5 AKAMetal

AKAMetal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:47 AM

Thanks you guys, after all who doesn't appreciate a quick response? I will post some pics of past works soon but I'm mostly on my work cpu and I have the majority of my images saved at home. Bill, I did check out your links earlier and you've got some cool projects behind you for sure! I'm going to start another post about aluminum casting/welding this afternoon. We are at a ground level on it and my welder is having a tough time with the porosity in some of the parts, not to mention my caster is having a tough time with porosity [Big Grin] . Anyway thanks for the welcoming party, see ya on another thread.
We will extend a hand if you will unclench your fist.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users