#1 AvishaiW

AvishaiW

Metal Master

• Subscriber!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • LocationHaifa, Israel

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:43 AM

I tried to enter the forum in my computer, and got a red note telling that the forum host was attacked by a virus or by hackers. Did anybody checked it?(i did not oped the site and I posted this post from my tablet)

Avishai

https://www.facebook...9872656?fref=ts

http://www.ancientme...ng.blogspot.com

http://www.wassermann.co.il

"He who works with his hands - is a laborer,
He who works with his hands and his head - is a craftsman.
He who works with his hands, his head and his heart - is an artist."
St. Francis of Assisi

#2 PTsideshow

PTsideshow

Since I can no longer post here, I am longer doing any moderatio

• Moderators
  • 8,479 posts
  • LocationMount Clemens,Mi

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:34 AM

I think that it is one of those virus hack script that is some where between your computer and the IP and assorted servers. I get no indications of any virus, I have two different anti-virus programs running, and nothing is showing we have had this happen occasionally and I have had it happen on other sites.
glen

Posted Image

"I am not ashamed to admit, that I am ignorant of the things I do not know"!

Cicero

I am not a lawyer, and never played one on TV!

All the usual and standard disclaimers apply. Do not try this at home, use only as directed, No warranties express or implied, for the intended use or suggested uses, Wear safety glasses, closed course, professionals only

#3 PTsideshow

PTsideshow

• Moderators
  • 8,479 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:00 AM

The red or blinking malware notice seems to appear on assorted peoples computers for the sculpture.com in streaks. On another forum it is the same thing comes in groupings of assorted notices for computers in wide spread geographical area's. If anybody else gets the notice please post here. [Peace}
glen

Posted Image

Cicero

All the usual and standard disclaimers apply. Do not try this at home, use only as directed, No warranties express or implied, for the intended use or suggested uses, Wear safety glasses, closed course, professionals only

#4 schmidty

schmidty

Skilled Metalsmith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:05 PM

yeah, I just got a warning that Google flagged this site as a potential "Attack Site". (FYI: I'm running Firefox)

It said they found suspicious code on (if I remember right) 2012-7-10
-Mike
Check out my hop markers

Knowledge is like money: to be of value it must circulate, and in circulating it can increase in quantity and, hopefully, in value. -Louis L'Amour

#5 schmidty

schmidty

Skilled Metalsmith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:10 PM

I closed Firefox and reopened to get the warning again. If you click on "Why was this page blocked?", here's what they tell you::

Safe Browsing

Diagnostic page for metalartistforum.com
What is the current listing status for metalartistforum.com?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 2 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 2 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 2 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2012-07-10, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2012-07-10.

Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including jnlkttkruqsdjqlx.ru/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS26496 (PAH).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, metalartistforum.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:

-Mike
Check out my hop markers

Knowledge is like money: to be of value it must circulate, and in circulating it can increase in quantity and, hopefully, in value. -Louis L'Amour

#6 schmidty

schmidty

Skilled Metalsmith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:13 PM

If I click the ignore button and proceed to the site, then they have a red warning bar across the top of the screen. Two options: "This is an attack site" and "This isn't an attack site". I clicked on the "Isn't" and get thrown to this page:

http://www.stopbadwa...arch_app=forums

They have a link for web-site owners to get de-listed
-Mike
Check out my hop markers

#7 AvishaiW

AvishaiW

Metal Master

• Subscriber!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • LocationHaifa, Israel

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:30 AM

I still get that red flagged freightening notice that the MAF site might damage my computer. I am using Google Chrome browser. When entering the forum from my tablet using Safari, everything seems to be O.K.Posted ImagePosted Image

Avishai

St. Francis of Assisi

#8 PTsideshow

PTsideshow

• Moderators
  • 8,479 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:58 AM

Google is getting to think they are the arbitrators of what you should look at on the web! Only Google approved spam and advertizing is going to be allowed when Google takes over the world!!!!!!! Posted Image
glen

Posted Image

Cicero

#9 blboise

blboise

Skilled Metalsmith

• Metal Artist Forum Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:23 AM

Using Google Chrome, AVG virus protection. I also get same warning. Yesterday? and today two times. I just proceeded as my virus software is up to date and pretty darn good at stopping threats.

Bob in Boise

#10 schmidty

schmidty

Skilled Metalsmith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:05 PM

Google is getting to think they are the arbitrators of what you should look at on the web! Only Google approved spam and advertizing is going to be allowed when Google takes over the world!!!!!!! Posted Image

Isn't that the truth! Google just got B-slapped with the biggest FTC fine ever for tracking customers personal data. But we're supposed to trust them to tell us which sites are safe?????Posted Image
-Mike
Check out my hop markers

#11 Matt Weber

Matt Weber

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,522 posts
  • LocationChandler, AZ

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:02 AM

I will open a support ticket and link this thread as well. Anytime anything happens in the forum a log is created. I have checked the logs and nothing has been installed on this server. It would be very difficult to do. Ironically, the only third party script running on this forum is from google Adsense.

I do not get the messages you are getting. I usually access the forum through my IPad or MacBook and it might be a windows thing. I would always be careful but would not be overly concerned.

If the forum support feels there is a problem I will take the forum down until whatever is causing the messages is fixed.

I will keep you all posted.

#12 AvishaiW

AvishaiW

Metal Master

• Subscriber!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • LocationHaifa, Israel

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:07 AM

Thanks Matt. The red note keeps showing, I ignore it and so far everything seems to run fine.

Avishai

St. Francis of Assisi

#13 schmidty

schmidty

Skilled Metalsmith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:27 AM

Like Avashi, I'm still getting and ignoring the message with no visible ill affects. And just in case it helps, I'm running Firefox on Windows XP.

I just tried Chrome and IE. No problem with those browsers and MAF. Which now makes me confused why Chrome doesn't have a problem when it's a Google issue. Maybe my Chrome just needs to be updated. I hardly ever use it so it might be behind on updates.

Whatever... I'm not worried about it, just letting you know. Thanks for looking into it Matt.
-Mike
Check out my hop markers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users