#1 acopperrose

acopperrose

Skilled Metalsmith

• MAF Retail Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationDunlap, CA

Posted 25 April 2011 - 11:09 AM

"I really like it! Worked great. Used it to pitch a helm for chasing. Stuck nicely since I couldn't put it in a bowl as usual. Very controllable."

- Heather McLarty - President, Board of Directors - Adams Forge

"It warmed through well with a heat gun or hair dryer, that is the top surface did not become napalm dangerous but heat transmitted fairly smoothly and well through the pitch to a depth of half an inch, turning the material, it was possible to warm it to handleable level......

So one could warm it, hold it in the hand, push it into recesses, all at a reasonable temperature, similar to the red pitch from Fischer.....

.....very good for finer work. With finer work, such as using a liner, or tracer or oval forming tool it had very good resistance. Better than other pitches. Really recommended for this kind of work.

Many pitches, like the German red pitch, when one uses a liner, tracer etc., would bend in nearby. This pitch does not, in other words has excellent resistance, allowing detail without compromise. Excellent for lining , tracing, precise work. This part is a special attribute worth mentioning."

- Charles Lewton Brain Author: The Jeweler's Bench Book and Foldforming Co-Founder: Co-founder of the Ganoksin Project

"The biggest advantage I’ve found with this pitch is that it supports the metal so well, finer detail is much easier. I get pristine lines and fine plannishing marks with about half as much effort and therefore in half as much time. This advantage alone is enough to make me a convert."

- Victoria Lansford - Independent studio metalsmith, producer of the Metal Techniques of Bronze Age Masters

"Thank you for sending me the pitch so promptly. I am delighted with your product, from the presentation -easy to use small pieces of pitch, thru to getting it into bowls and getting started. This whole process was very quick. Your pitch seems to like being softened by heat gun or soft flame. AND such a lovely smell, that makes you feel great about your work!

I and my students have been trying it out in cold weather, the resin is crisp and hard but sufficient softness can be maintained with heat applications. It means the pieces often come away almost clean. Small traces of this pitch can be removed with mineral oil.

We love it and recommend it to everyone."

Sarah Gascoigne - Independent Metalsmith & Designer Jeweler and Instructor at Pratt Fine Arts Center, Seattle WA

"Debra your pitch works very well for me. My pieces are generally quite small and I often need to remove them frequently to check fit, refine with filing, etc., so a lot of back-and-forth in being in the pitch and then not. So the non-stick quality actually works very well for me with minimal residue left after popping the piece out. It also makes it easy to push it around with a hammer to fit pieces without it sticking to the hammer.

The pitch heats up nicely and retains the heat at a rate that is easily controlled, and which moves very nicely under the metal. Nice fragrance too.

I’m looking forward to using it in a variety of projects. A very fine product. - Jim"

- Jim Kelso - Artist / Craftsman - Works in gold, silver, non-ferrous alloys, steel and iron using Japanese and European techniques.

"Debra's new pitch is expertly made following her own formulation which she is successfully [using in her own workshop]. It is easily heated and manipulated (it is manageable, not sticky), so it is wonderful for instances
where a pitch bowl is not possible.

Its qualities allow for easy working with high relief repousse work and large decorative panels.

When cool, work releases from this pitch easily: again, an ideal situation for larger work.

It is packaged well and comes in chunk form. I especially like the fact that I do not have to make a mess breaking it apart.

It is a pleasure to have a pitch product on the marked designed and made by a professional chaser."

- Liza Nechamkin Glasser, Silversmith/ Chaser Nechamkin Silver Studios LLC; Creator of Nechamkin Chasing Tools

"I have found it to be a quality medium level pitch. It gives a strong support and services its over all purpose well. I definitely would, and have recommended your pitch to my students..."

Bonnie Heras - Chasing/Repousse Instructor - The Crucible, Oakland, CA

Edited by acopperrose, 26 April 2011 - 09:57 AM.

Debra Montgomery
A Copper Rose Metal Art
Pitch It To You - Chasing / Repousse Pitch

#2 acopperrose

acopperrose

Skilled Metalsmith

• MAF Retail Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationDunlap, CA

Posted 27 November 2011 - 03:08 PM

Some new testimony:

"Really liked your pitch! Good balance of support and give - and it smells so good! I'm glad Victoria (Lansford) recommended it!"
- Lynn Issacson - Lynnwood, WA 11/10/2011

"...... a great new pitch for metal smiths to use when doing chasing and repousse work. The pitch is fantastic. It is easy to use, non toxic and easy to clean up. It is only the pitch I will be using from now on."
- Diana Autagne Casabar - Contemporary Metalsmith, Keller, TX 11/16/2011

"Being new to chasing and repousse, I wasn't sure what to expect of this pitch but I'm happy to say that it's easy to use and smells like walking through a pine forest."
- Russell O'Brien - Coromandel Valley, South Australia 10/28/2011
Debra Montgomery
A Copper Rose Metal Art
Pitch It To You - Chasing / Repousse Pitch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users