#1 acopperrose

acopperrose

Skilled Metalsmith

• MAF Retail Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationDunlap, CA

Posted 25 April 2011 - 10:56 AM

Pitch It To You - Chasing & Repousse Pitch is a Division of A Copper Rose Metal Art
I started making this pitch out of necessity to accommodate a large project I was working on.

It is a pine rosin based pitch that I developed by modifying and tweaking some older recipes to accommodate the type of repousse and chasing work I do and for the climate I work in. I believe it is a nice medium to medium hard all around pitch.

After having sent out many samples to key metalsmiths / repousse/chasing instructors, etc., for testing and feedback, I have gotten some favorable reviews. This pitch is also available through Rio Grande Jewelry Supply.

DESCRIPTION:

This is a nice all around use pine rosin based medium dark green chasers pitch that is suitable for most metal chasing and repousse projects.

It warms and softens easily with heat gun or plumbers torch to obtain good relief / repousse in your design, but also firms up nicely for planishing and chasing work.

It has great adhesion to the metal while you are working on it. Yet this chasers pitch easily releases the metal with a little heat from a heat gun or torch, (or in colder weather, once you let the pitch cool down) with minimal pitch residue left on the metal once it comes off the pitch.

It has low odor/fumes and no smoke when properly/safely warmed up or melted. The odor that this chasers pitch does have is very mild and pleasant. There is minimal smoke when burning off the minimal residual pitch after removing metal, but it does not flame up or smoke excessively. It also wipes off easily with a little mineral oil or the like.

It melts consistently without bubbling or puddling at a low temperature, yet cools quickly to touch - minimizing burning risks to the user.

It is easily kept malleable while working with the use of a heat gun or plumber's torch.

It is is free of petroleum or animal products.

Thanks for looking!

I have the Material Safety Data Sheet, Price Sheet and Specific Instructions for this pitch available upon request. Will get those posted here for download if I can. Watch for updates.

Edited by acopperrose, 26 April 2011 - 09:55 AM.

Debra Montgomery
A Copper Rose Metal Art
Pitch It To You - Chasing / Repousse Pitch

#2 AvishaiW

AvishaiW

Metal Master

• Subscriber!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • LocationHaifa, Israel

Posted 25 April 2011 - 11:14 AM

Good luck also to you Debra. This wonderful place becomes the world leader in pitch supply. Makes me feel good. [Welcome] [MAF]

Avishai

https://www.facebook...9872656?fref=ts

http://www.ancientme...ng.blogspot.com

http://www.wassermann.co.il

"He who works with his hands - is a laborer,
He who works with his hands and his head - is a craftsman.
He who works with his hands, his head and his heart - is an artist."
St. Francis of Assisi

#3 acopperrose

acopperrose

Skilled Metalsmith

• MAF Retail Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationDunlap, CA

Posted 25 April 2011 - 11:25 AM

Good luck also to you Debra. This wonderful place becomes the world leader in pitch supply. Makes me feel good. [Welcome] [MAF]

Thank you very much! Am glad I can also further support this forum! [MAF] Buy American! [Peace}
Debra Montgomery
A Copper Rose Metal Art
Pitch It To You - Chasing / Repousse Pitch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users