3 replies to this topic

#1 saign charlestein

saign charlestein

creator of cool

• MAF Retail Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 10:15 AM

Hello everyone, I have recently started to manufacture Chasing tools and pitch. They will both be available at major jewelry suppliers throughout the country soon. Until they are in the catalogs please feel free to contact me. I will update distributors as they get the products available. The attched photos are of the large standard and texturing sets

Product description:

Chasing tools:

I offer 4 sets of tools, a large and small standard set, and a large and small texturing set. All tools are hand made from A-2 tool steel heat treated in a kiln to a hardness of 60 hrc. Every tool is 5" long to accommodate larger hands, and to be more versatile than the standard 4 1/4" tools. Tools can be slightly altered to meet personal preference, although if altered make sure never to heat the tool over 500 degrees Fahrenheit or change the color of the tool. All tools have been sealed with wax. Texturing tools should be hit on a scrap piece to remove wax and fire scale from the head before chasing on an art piece.

Pitch:

My goal for the pitch is to make a quality domestic alternative to the German red. My pitch is made with all natural products in the USA. Pitch is very heat sensitive. Optimum working temps for the hard is 70 to 85 degrees, the same consistency can be achieved out of the soft 10 to 15 degrees cooler. The soft pitch can also be used at the same temperature as the hard to achieve high relief chasing. The two are mixable to achieve your desired consistency. They can also be mixed with the German red, if someone wanted to add volume to their existing pitch. I am selling my pitch in 2 pound containers, which is a bit easier swallow than having to buy 4.5 pounds of the German red. Another major selling point is volume. It takes well over 6 pounds of the German red to fill a deep 8" pitch bowl. It takes about 3.5 of mine to fill the same bowl.

standard set.jpg texturing set.jpg pitch.jpg

A big thanks To Matt and MAF for keeping this place going! [MAF]

#2 AvishaiW

AvishaiW

Metal Master

• Subscriber!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • LocationHaifa, Israel

Posted 25 April 2011 - 10:23 AM

Cool tools and pitch. With your work results I am sure that they are top quality. [rockon] [MAF]

Avishai

https://www.facebook...9872656?fref=ts

http://www.ancientme...ng.blogspot.com

http://www.wassermann.co.il

"He who works with his hands - is a laborer,
He who works with his hands and his head - is a craftsman.
He who works with his hands, his head and his heart - is an artist."
St. Francis of Assisi

#3 acopperrose

acopperrose

Skilled Metalsmith

• MAF Retail Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationDunlap, CA

Posted 25 April 2011 - 11:29 AM

Nice to see another American Made product for this market! I am sure it will do well!

Good luck! And very nice work, by the way!

:D
Debra Montgomery
A Copper Rose Metal Art
Pitch It To You - Chasing / Repousse Pitch

#4 saign charlestein

saign charlestein

creator of cool

• MAF Retail Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:15 PM

Thanks, Avishai and Debra. From what I read about your pitch I think ours will contrast each other nicely. Yours seems to be less sticky, while I like mine to stick. I make mine sticky, especially the soft, that way I don't have to worry about losing adhesion. Nothing is more frustrating to me than losing adhesion, having an air pocket and having to remount a piece.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users