8 replies to this topic

#1 Fred Zweig

Fred Zweig

Manipulator of metal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 04:43 PM

I have been busy preparing for upcoming workshops. [Peace} Last month I taught a three day repousse workshop for a small group in Scottdale, AZ. This month I am teaching forging to a small group here in Tucson. In June I have been asked to teach a 4 day repousse workshop in the mountains near south east of Denver. We will be making tools and faces. I will also demonstrate the Japanese high relief work known as Uchidashi. I can get the full details once the dates and information is confirmed and post it if folks are interested.

Best,
Fred
"So much to learn and so little time"
Musings of a Metalsmith
http://fredz49.blogspot.com/

#2 ShawnM

ShawnM

Local Sheriff

• Moderators
  • 4,143 posts
  • LocationGeneva, FL

Posted 10 April 2009 - 05:43 AM

Fred, please do post details when available. I have moved your thread to the classes and workshops forum.

Thanks.
ShawnM
Super DUPER Moderator

‚ÄéReality leaves a lot to the imagination ~ John Lennon

Visit my website: Soleil MetalArts
Facebook Fan Page

#3 Chaz

Chaz

Creative  (a noun :)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 01:05 PM

Fred,
Do you ever make it out East?? Or am I just going to have to come out there? [Beer] Not such a bad thing since I have been "jones-ing" for a trip to Sedona. [Groovy] (love that place!)

I have a buddy of mine that lives in Loveland CO. and does copper countertops. I'll let him know about this class.

Take care,
Chaz

#4 Fred Zweig

Fred Zweig

Manipulator of metal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 06:58 PM

These are the specifics for the class.

Cost for the class will be $500.00 plus supplies with a minimum of 10 students $250.00 DP to hold and non refundable after June 1
Location at Craig May's shop in Pine Junction, Colorado
Contact him at 303-838-2619 after 6:00 pm or e-mail at drgnfrgltd@aol.com
Dates June 12-15
Class to cover basic tool making and hands on instruction on pitch bowl repousse with a raising demo at the end of the class.

Chaz,

I could be coaxed to teach a class back East. Things are tight all over and most places are looking for local artists to teach the workshops.

Best,
Fred
Musings of a Metalsmith

#5 Chaz

Chaz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 06:18 AM

Thanx Fred!
Sounds like it would be well worth while. I need some guidence. I have never used pitch or did any raising. I guess I mainly do "embossing". I have a client now that wants a whole door done in Art Deco. I'm still struggling with what to charge them so as to not over charge them and not cut my throat. (I typically do the latter.) I guess I should start another thread on that project. Thanx again!!!!!!!!!!!! Chaz

#6 Mountainfireforge

Mountainfireforge

Skilled Metalsmith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 03:05 PM

Wow, sounds juicy! I'd like to see something closer, and this year's economy ain't gonna make CO, but ya might think about the John C. Campbell Folk School, or Arrowmont, or Penland - they don't care to compensate an artist that has a good student following. I have taken 3 from Bob Trout at JCCFS, mostly copper repousse, embossing, soldering and some raising. Id' be real interested in more though!
An artist cannot fail, it is a success to be one.
- Charles Horton Cooley

#7 Fred Zweig

Fred Zweig

Manipulator of metal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 11:54 AM

Seems the economy has had a real effect and the workshop was not filled. I have been teaching monthly workshops to a group of motivated women students. It is such a treat to work with them.

I would like to teach back east and it will be a few years before I am available to take the time.

Fred
Musings of a Metalsmith

#8 Chaz

Chaz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 01:53 PM

Yup, altho I have plenty of work and besides the fact I have a tendancy to "give some of it away" [Smile] , it seems a little soft right now.

I sure do wish I were closer to you. I REEEEEALLY would like to get some help and guidance. I think I do ok but I know there a lot of things I could learn and working with someone like yourself would help keep me from making all the usual and customary mistakes. I love expand upon knowledge instead of just reinventing the same thing. Oh well, maybe one day i can get out there.

Good luck with the classes!
Chaz

#9 Fred Zweig

Fred Zweig

Manipulator of metal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 04:02 PM

Thanks Chaz and good luck on your door commission.

Best,
Fred
Musings of a Metalsmith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users