Photo

Gallery rules (Read ALL of this before posting!)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Matt Weber

Matt Weber

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,525 posts
  • LocationChandler, AZ

Posted 12 February 2008 - 08:17 AM

First, welcome to the MAF gallery!

Here you can assemble a collection of your work for the world to see in one place. And visitors and friends can view pieces that fall into the category they are interested in.

The MAF gallery is extremely feature rich. So much so that there is no way I can cover all the in's and out's of the program in this thread. But chances are if you want something changed, it can be done. None of the settings here are cast in stone so speak up if you dont like something and we can review it.

Lets get started with some of the things the MAF gallery can do for you.
1. When a user or visitor likes your work, it makes it very easy for them to see all your work in one place.
2. Your individual member gallery has a unique URL. This URL can be placed in your signature here at MAF, your signature in emails, other forums, etc. Some members do not have websites to display their work, but now they do.
3. Display your work for sale. You can add prices to the description of your work and visitors can buy your pieces with no commission to MAF. However, visitors can not email you through MAF without being registered so include your e-mail in the description. I recommend the (youremail at yourdomain dot com) to keep spammers out.

Let's talk about what you CAN do:
1. You can upload pictures of your work. (2mb limit) Pictures must be in a gallery format or an attempt made to separate the piece from its surroundings. Large scale pieces or pieces that are installed are obviously excluded. Basically they need to look semi-professional.
2. You can display prices and sell your work.

And of course, what you can't do:
1. Delete photos. You must email the admin or one of the Moderators to have a photo deleted.
2. Post non-art related pictures. IE. Family photos, pets, vacations, etc. These will be deleted.
3. Post low res photos
4. Post pictures of tools, equipment, How To's, etc. These will be deleted. Please reserve those for MAF.
5. Post comments of pictures.

I realize that other forums have galleries that allow discussion. I have disabled that feature for now. I see on other forums entire discussions that can get lost in the gallery. If you have specific questions about a photo you see, you can enlarge the image and copy the URL and start a thread on MAF. That way all members and visitors can benefit from the conversation and it wont get lost, buried in the gallery. I have created a forum just for this.

If you would like other gallery categories, please PM me.

Please understand that this Gallery is going to require a lot more work for the MAF team to moderate. And we view this as an excellent free benefit for our contributing members. However, members that continually post unapproved pictures, or are disruptive in this gallery or MAF (banned or not) will be removed from the gallery. I hate to say that but things are growing here and the work is increasing and there is little time for much else. Thanks for your understanding.

Please report any error messages right away so we can get them fixed.

Uploading photos: IMPORTANT

Everything you upload is saved in your personal member gallery regardless of what category you select so ALWAYS select a category for your pictures so people can find them and the staff will not have to move them.

Keep your photo titles as short as possible or they will cut off.

One last thing. This sub-forum is reserved for questions about how to use the gallery, or problems with the gallery only! Thanks.

Don't forget to update your profile with your contact information!

Enjoy!

#2 Tony Mertens

Tony Mertens

Metal Master

• Subscriber!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,300 posts
  • LocationNew Holstein, WI

Posted 29 February 2008 - 10:06 PM

Matt,

Some of my work is for sale at a glass art gallery. Is it appropriate to add a link to their website in the description of the work? I would mention that it available for sale there then add the link.

#3 Matt Weber

Matt Weber

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,525 posts
  • LocationChandler, AZ

Posted 01 March 2008 - 06:55 AM

Matt,

Some of my work is for sale at a glass art gallery. Is it appropriate to add a link to their website in the description of the work? I would mention that it available for sale there then add the link.

Are you talking about adding a link to your personal website in the photo description? If so, yes that is ok. Don't forget to update your profile in the gallery as well to include all your contact information.

Thanks for asking.

#4 Tony Mertens

Tony Mertens

Metal Master

• Subscriber!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,300 posts
  • LocationNew Holstein, WI

Posted 01 March 2008 - 07:26 AM

Matt,
I don't have a personal web site. This would be the web site for the glass gallery. The gallery could then be contacted about my work. The gallery also has their own work on the site, that's why I thought I'd ask.

#5 Matt Weber

Matt Weber

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,525 posts
  • LocationChandler, AZ

Posted 01 March 2008 - 07:31 AM

Matt,
I don't have a personal web site. This would be the web site for the glass gallery. The gallery could then be contacted about my work. The gallery also has their own work on the site, that's why I thought I'd ask.

Gotcha. Now I understand. YES, one of the benefits of the gallery is a place to display work for members that do not have a website. So YES, that is fine as long as the photos follow the guidelines of the gallery.[hysterical]

#6 RayMackenzie

RayMackenzie

Shop Sweeper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:02 PM

When I go into the galleries I can't login. Am I missing somethings? I would like to post some pictures. I've been able to post in other sections of the forums.

Thanks,

#7 MartinB

MartinB

Shop Sweeper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:55 AM

Me too, same problem. Can enter username and password (same as for MAF) but don't get the Upload Photos link. Tried the "delete cookies" thing but still no luck. Any ideas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users