- Metal Artist Forum
- → Most Liked Content
Most Liked Content
Posted by Teenylittlemetalguy on 15 February 2015 - 10:57 AM
Body was 1" cu pipe. Legs were solid ground wire. Forged to a taper and TIG welded into the body.
At the time I couldn't find a patina I liked so decided time will take care of it.if I were to remake it I would finish that portion. Took a couple tries to get a body I was happy with. My main learning moment here was I should have attached the legs before going to the body. I welded each one in separately. Although I do think it has a more flowing style because of that. But what a huge pain to try and not burn through the thin sheet 8 times. I was a nervous wreck at the time. Wouldn't be so bad now, but bundling would save a huge amount of effort.
Posted by nobodyspecial on 02 April 2015 - 07:44 AM
So, something from a lawnmower, but not a knife or hatchet.
Everyone dogs on lawnmower blades and railroad spikes as an inferior steel because "They make lousy blades". So my question is, why use them directly for that? If you must, forge weld a bit in. It's not so hard.
But why not use them for the other ten thousand things you can make with mild steel? I like lawnmower blades in particular as a long bar with holes in it. They make good hinges, coat racks.......well, anything you can make out of a bar with holes in it.
This rustic (because my kids worked on it, so we won't call it ugly.... That's also why the hooks are unevenly sized, etc.) coathanger started life as a lawnmower blade. Something especially fun, you can fill the hole in the middle with a coin, with slight drifting, or slump glass into it, similarly to a frederick's cross.
Posted by Mansurov on 07 January 2015 - 07:14 AM
Good day dear friends
I would like to present my first work
"Kinetic sculpture magic fish"
and i would like to see your commnets and also if you have any questions, you are welcome.
Posted by Everything Mac on 07 August 2015 - 03:38 PM
Things have changed significantly since the last time I posted up something I've made on here.
I'm a terrible photographer and most of these were made a few months ago now but heres a few bits and bobs.
"Dragon bottle opener"
The start of a horse shoe "heart"
Which goes into making one of these Letter stands
This is the start of a dragon style poker I've been playing around with. I'd like to make them a bit more dragon looking though
Finally this is a handle for a fire rake I made. I really love this design it feels great in the hand and looks nice too.
Thanks for looking
Posted by Metaling In Art on 01 June 2015 - 08:04 AM
Here are a few of the different bracelets that I have made from upcycled copper tubing after finishing a kitchen project that ended up with a lot of plumbing changes. Still
trying to learn the proper lengths to start with to get the correct size when done. I made some round ended punches from scrap .360" wire to try different looks on the different bracelets.
Posted by Alex Sanson on 29 April 2015 - 05:47 PM
Posted by IronWolf on 11 January 2015 - 10:32 AM
Posted by Rich Waugh on 06 May 2013 - 04:27 PM
One thing I meant to mention earlier - You refer to the situation with the gallery/store as your work being "rejected again." I have had galleries decline my work and I've had my stuff in a consignment shop (once, forty years ago, never again) where it was returned to me as non-sellers. I've also had pieces fail to make the cut in juried exhibitions. BUT - I try never to think of it as being rejected. Instead, I consider that the venue and my work were simply not compatible or that those particular pieces may have needed more work. Just NOT "rejected." There's too much emotional weight that hitchhikes along on that word so I keep it out of my vocabulary whenever possible. Little things like changing the terms I use often allow me to get a different and usually better perspective and keep me thinking positively so I can produce.
Posted by ShawnM on 01 May 2013 - 10:00 AM
Posted by BucketObolts on 20 March 2013 - 07:12 AM
The plan is the have the white players all shined up, and the black with be done in Black Magic.
The board is next. I am having some tile cut to 2.25 inch squares. I don't have the frame all planned out yet.But I did get the table legs done. The board should sit above a table about 5 inches or so. The legs are 4 inches.
I'll update as I make progress.
Posted by MnT on 30 December 2012 - 08:05 PM
I think it turned out ok. I gave it some battle scars, which I think add to it. Sorry, I don't have any pre-battle scar pics.
All made with scrap from the various piles in and around the house. I gave it a copper windshield for some color.
Posted by Rich Waugh on 04 December 2012 - 10:46 PM
That, my friend, will be far more than just sufficient, believe me. This entire piece is already awe-inspiring and there is no reason to think that the head of Taylor will be anything less. What I see so far bears this out completely.
The finished piece most assuredly will be a museum-worthy piece of art that will completely floor the clients and all who view it through time. Every hour you spend agonizing over the meticulous selection and perfect preparation/assembly of each and every part of this sculpture is time well spent and is reflected in the final effect. I have seen a lot of so-called "junkyard" art and this piece is far and away the best of the lot, elevating the genre to a new pinnacle.
With most of your work, and this piece in particular, I think you have raised the bar to the point that those who discount the genre as being somehow less than true Art will have to reconsider their position. Well done, my friend!